Okay, so I have a really HARD time with confrontation...a really hard time. If you know me really well, you would know that. My previous post brings up too much of it, and when you combine confrontation and my sensitivity, well, I just might up and have an anxiety or heart attack.... so I'm quickly posting something more positive and happy.
Last year, we decided (or I decided) that we should do something fun for a tradition in our family for Conference. I heard of a family that sets up a tent to watch conference to remember when the people gathered in their tents to listen to King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon. As a child, one of my favorite memories is turning the front room into a 'fort' with blankets and cardboard boxes and pillows, and whatever else would set off our imagination. I liked the idea, so we turned our front room into a 'fort' and pitched our tent as if we were gathering to listen to King Benjamin. We got treats the day before and we were set. Hopefully our fort will be a little more carefully constructed in April, but this is what we got...I think Keizya really liked it... she hoarded all of Daddy's grape Tootie Frootie's. She's in the I-like-to-grab-everything-and-pull-it-to-me-and-eat-it stage.
And just a quick update on some of Keizya's newest adventures...She is getting so strong! She can do the splits. She's not flat yet, but she works on them every day.She likes to prophecy to her toys... She throws both arms in the air and squeals all kinds of eeks and awks, as if to say, be thou alive! Dance for me! Play with me!
Maybe she's just as astonished at her toys as Mommy is with the world. She looks like she's tried everything and just can't seem to get them to cooperate.
In her moments of lying on her back, she gets real sick and tired of just staring at the ceiling. So that's when I ask her if she wants some help. And with her big brown (?) eyes she pleads for my hand to rescue her. She grabs onto my pinky and thumb, holds on tight, and as I pull my hand up, she hoists herself back up into sitting position. She's very strong and strong willed. She's even tried pulling herself up onto furniture. Ry can't wait until she can maneuver a little better cuz' he's crawlin circles around her and is so confused as to why she doesn't go with him. (Patience Ryu, Patience:)
Friday, October 17, 2008
Changing the Subject,
Posted by Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. at 5:38 PM
Labels: Conference and Keizya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Wow!! The splits!!!! she has such talent! I just love her little porceline face, she's just beautiful and perfect. She is such a fiesty little girl, I love that about her! Atleast she's not a pushover, thats for sure! I cant waitto play sometime!!
I support your argument that you left me on my blog; fair enough. But not everyone chooses that life style, is the only counter argument I'll make.
Didn't mean to add to your stress.
Sorry I won't make it to thanksgiving. I was really hoping to see everyone.
Perhaps I'll see you at Christmas? I might pass through there if you're not going to Idaho.
Love you, cuz.
Keizya is just too cute! Love the pics!
Nikki- you are adorable.. and I can't believe how big Keizya is getting. WOW
this is so funny! i almost used this blog template! and when i first saw it i even thought to myself, "hm. nikki would prolly like this template." how 'bout that?!?
Post a Comment