Tuesday, December 16, 2008

November Catch Up

Oh wow, work has picked right up. I have gotten so far behind on EVERYTHING!!! I don't think now was a good time to start a new position with more hours. The holidays just get too crazy. But luckily, I have a wonderful husband who is helping me as we speak. I just finished my emails for the week and have a few extra minutes before Jeff and Keizya are back from snow plowing. So update time it is! Don't feel obligated to read, this is primarily for my record keeping sake. But enjoy the pictures anyway!


So our Thanksgiving started out the weekend before up in Deer Valley Park City with the Schoeny's. We had some amazing sushi and tempura...and obviously had way too much fun with the chopsticks. Oh how I love sushi. Mmmm.
The amazing Schoeny friends invited us up to the most beautiful condo to stay the night, play some games, hot tub it up, and just relax in our rooms that came with bathrobes, 1 humidifier per person, upstairs, downstairs, jetted tubs, kitchen, and all of Park City to play in. Too bad there wasn't snow yet, cuz we definitely would have hit the slopes too. Thanks Schoeny's! We had so much fun!
Then the adventure continued...through the night...literally. Jeff, Keizya and I drove through the night on Tuesday to arrive in Richland Washington where my Aunt Laura lives. Jeff threw up the first few hours of travelling...yes, once he sprayed the side of his truck. And then he passed it to me, I think. I was very queezy and sleepy, but did not discard any food that I had previously put into my mouth and swallowed...out of my mouth anyway. Then it was gone! Just like that. Well, actually, my Grandma doped me up on vitamins...I think I overdosed and it scared the germies away. But just in time for the Thanksgiving feast! And boy was it delicious!
Meet Lamb. This lamb was introduced to me by my Grandma. (My mom's mom). She comes up with some pretty crazy things. She kept saying, in her silly little squeeky laugh, "I can't get over how much Keizya looks like that lamb!" So I had to get a picture to get proof that I'm pretty sure they don't look like each other. Pink hair, hooves, says BAAA!, I dunno...maybe I'm wrong.
In between Laura fixing Sushi and diggin in, Ryu and Keizya got to have their first bath together. I don't think they even noticed. They continued on their own bathtub adventures without any curiosity or question. Maybe they were just so used to being right next to each other. It was so fun to let them play together non stop for 4 days!
This is the typical after-the-feast-shot. Everyone tries to squish on the couch and somehow fall asleep sitting straight up! I don't know how they do it! I would require the whole couch just for me. That's my Grandpa on the end, what an amazing man he is, love him! Then Larry, Laura's husband...he has fit in so well with our crazy family...he's so tolerant, and amazingly charitable. Then my teeny Aunt Lorna...she's that little cuz she has a firepole in her house and climbs it every day.
Keizya and second cousing once removed Mischelle. She has grown up! Holy Cow!
My cousin Doug and his wife Delayna. I hadn't seen these two in more than 5 years...Jeff just barely met them.
Little cousin kiddies. Katy, who loves to be a snake. Brookie who has grown up too fast too, and Kortneigh, who loves to talk and play with babies. The trip was filled with lots and lots of rest, eating, and doing nothing. And it was so nice to see everyone. The drive home was a little trecherous, but we made it back home by 7:00 am, just in time for Keizya to wake up.

Amie had her first dance recital at the Festival of Trees. I started crying when I was watching her... Wow, what am I gonna do when my daughter has her first dance recital? Can you picture me on the ground, pounding my fists while frantically sobbing? Let's try not to. This picture was taken as Parker fell on the ground and so gracefully knocked over some decorations... Amie obviously was not amused at all...she just wanted to do a twirl for the picture and Parky was ruining it!
Just a little update on Keizya and Ryu. They have both been in and out of sickness bouts with runny noses and random fevers. Ry's been to the hospital a couple times, and Keizya can't seem to kick her silly cough. But they still love each other and love playing together. Laundry basket rides continue to be one of their favorite games. Ryu is walking, Keizya is speed crawling. Ryu has taught her how to climb the stairs safely...although she has fallen down them twice. (So sad) Ryu is thinning out and Keizya has chunked up. 3 diapers barely fit her and they are oh so baggy on Ryu's little bum. They talk to each other, and pace around the high chair while waiting for their turn to eat. They give each other kisses and have been pretty good at sharing. Keizya is waving now and starting to eat bigger people food. Her favorites include bananas, applesauce, saltines, sweet potatoes, chili, and whatever else we're putting in our mouths.
Keizya is quite the adventurist...I think that's our fault for taking her on so many adventures over the first summer of her life...so I have to constantly be creative. I was washing out this cooler and then found another use for it. Cooler Rides! There are wheels on it like a suitcase...hey that gives me another idea!
We made it to the Festival of Lights. Why do we continue to go there? We tried to justify because we have a baby now, but she didn't even see the lights. She was stuck in the back seat facing the back window buckled in her carseat fast asleep. Not that I don't like the Festival of Lights, but to pay $5 to see the same silly lights as we did last year and drive around 2-10 times to get our money's worth,...is it really worth it? I guess it might leave me feeling empty at the end of the year when I realized I hadn't even seen the Festival of Lights in the year 2008. So I'm glad I went, it was fun. Except for the part where Keizya threw up all over and I was sentenced to the back seat (which was an upgrade from sitting on the trailer all by my lonesome...ask Jeff).
This was the most successful feeding frenzy yet. She downed her carrots, and right after her last bite, softly layed her head on the hard arm of her high chair, and started snoozing. I could see her eyes getting heavier and heavier, but I couldn't resist...I just wanted to see if she could really pull off sleeping in such an uncomfortable place. She sure does love her high chair though.

And that's a wrap! The month of November has come and gone, and December is already flying out the window. We got our tree up late, my house is a mess, but it's been so cozy snuggling by the fire and playing Rockbandia with the Schoeny's. So, for the sake of time, I will now go and wrap gifts, practice the piano for my lesson at 8, and enjoy the peace and quiet in my home. Happy Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for everything and everyone in my life.

2 comments:

The Payne Family said...

Oh man... we just love you guys! We definitely miss you and need to see you again soon. Looks like you guys had a fun November, definitely keeping busy. Keizya is so blasted cute... she is getting so big. We need to get together quick so I can play with her! :)

Nick and Amera said...

That was by far one of the best blogs ever! I loved it! its fun to hear about all the catching up, that makes me just a little jealous to see that you've actually been busy!!! I am totally jealous of that nice cabin/hotel you had! HOt tub!!! fun!! I totally need a stay like that, I need a reason to be lazy!! Kitty.....I wish I could just fall asleep while eating like she did....what a life these babies have! Coy has done that before and I absoluetly loved it-it was hillarious! Well im glad you've been playin alot! Tis the season for playin! I want to hear your piano talent, I could sit and listen to the piano being played ALL DAY LONG! I love you lots and lots!! Seriously....LOVE YOU! haha, merry christmas!!