Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Baby Girl is 1!!!!

I'm such a slacker...Keizya turned one March 19th and luckily, it just happened to be one of only 3 warm days we've had in the whole month of March. We've had more snow this month than we did in January. So, we celebrated Keizya's birthday with the first BBQ of the year. . .

Meet chef Jeffrey. He loves this grill...and we love the food!


Here are the cousins on Jeff's side of the family, a few of them anyway. Meet Quinny, Amie, and Parky. They were such big helpers when it was time to open presents. Aren't they good lookin kids?

This was a classic moment of Aunt Suzy tickling the Booger Monster. Ry was laughing at Keizya laughing and then I was laughing and then...oh man, it's just so contagious!

She didn't really rip her presents open like a mad woman, her cousins helped her with that. But she came out with some great gifts...thank you so much to everyone who came and donated to the 1 year old who outgrew all of her toys and clothes at the same time. Boy did she need everything...she came out with some amazingly cute, fun, educational toys, and a brand new spring wardrobe! She loves all of her gifts!


This was one of her great excitements. Ryu, Suzy and Chris gave her a giant stuffed caterpillar...Ry may have been more excited but I don't blame him, he's been tortured with seeing it for a while in his house and finally he got to ride the caterpillar! She snuggles it all the time, even though if it were alive, it would eat her alive.


After getting help from her cousins with blowing out the candles that scared her, she was very timid with her cake. She didn't quite know what to do and everyone was staring at her. She was in the spotlight and definitely got stage fright. I think it took about an hour before she finally got messy, which was after we tried putting jello on top of the cake, giving her a baby spoon, and finally a giant spoon.

Sorry, Ry, you can give me a hard time later, but I just couldn't resist. This is the funniest silliest face I've seen from you yet, and you have lots of facial expressions! I don't quite remember what you were giggling so hard at, but your mom sure knows how to catch the silly's!


Gotta love those pudgy cheeks and fingers!



This lead to the end of the cake fest...she slapped a chunk of icing right in her eye. It was quickly removed and she continued feasting, but I think she was sick of it by then.



So Baby Girl....you are now a big girl :( You've been walking around for more than a month, you don't require gates in front of the stairs anymore cuz' you're a big girl and go up and down like a professional mini person, and you are trying to be so independent of Mommy. I'm so proud of you for that, but how sad. You are already taking interest in carrying things over your shoulder, wearing beads, and putting pretties in your hair. What am I going to do? I'm a little nervous for this girly girl thing, so maybe you could ease me into it slowly. Or maybe Ry can just help you change your mind.

Besides your silly girly stuff, wow you make me smile every day!!!! You are such a happy girl and when you get in your silly giggly moods it just reminds me how blessed we are to have you. I can't believe we've had a home with an amazing little girl in it for a year, and mostly I can't believe how much you've grown and learned so quickly! We love you more than we even thought was possible. Happy Birthday Booger Monster Baby Girl! We love you!

13 comments:

stephanie said...

what a cutie! It looks like she had a great day!

The Payne Family said...

One years old already?!?! Such a big girl. She is so cute, I love all her messy cake pictures. Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. We miss you guys so bad... we need to get together soon. Once the semester is over, life will be so much slower and we definitely need to be friends more. We love you guys!!

Devon and Alicia said...

I can't believe our babies are already one! She is so flippen cute! I think it may be time for our little ones to have a play date...what do you think?:)

Ashley Schoenfeld said...

1st birthdays are the best! She is getting so big and still so dang cute!

The Johnson's said...

march 19th rocks.... shes way cute, and i love the outfit

Nick and Amera said...

Those are cute cute pictures of the little monster booger! I LOVE Cake pictures! McCoy was messy too, but I gotta say, I think Monster was way more messy!!! Im glad she had a wonderful birthday and got lots of fun things! She is One of McCoy's favorite friends ever, he loves his kitty!!

Suzy Q said...

She is getting so big. AHhh...IT DRIVES ME CRAZY! How do they get so big is so little time!?? She is so great. I love that Ry has your family so close to him. You are pretty much his second mom. Sadly, you know more about his day-time activities than I do. However, I am so glad that we have an aunt Nikki and a monster baby. How else would I have made it through these last two years? There would have been no way! I hope that you know I am so thankful for you. I love you!!

Jon and Shiloh said...

Keizya, you silly cake girl! What cute pic's. Keizya is such a beauty! I LOVE the pic with her giggling at her Aunt Suzy. What a sweetie! I totally know what you mean about the "girly girl" stuff. It's been a ride of uncharted space and alien topics. We can be each other support system! :)

The O'Briens said...

She is such a beautiful girl! It seems like you were just barely posting about having her!

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

wow, time flies. keizya looks so cute indulging her birthday cake.

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Keizya! I can't believe how long her hair is. She is so cute!

Kelda said...

Thanks for your comment Nikki! And Happy birthday to Keizya! She's so cute!! I think I found your blog around the time she was born, can't believe how fast that went!

JessWilson said...

Happy Birthday (belated) Keizya! She's so adorable and I can't believe how fast these kids grow!