We dove into the 3 day potty training Wednesday through Friday last week. I was shocked at how quickly she picked up on it. The first morning was a little rough after cleaning the carpet a couple times...but once she realized she was making "messes" she started figuring out she had to sit on the potty first. Then she discovered that every time she went, even just a little, she got a yummy treat or fun prize.
After about 6 pairs of "undies" (I hate the word panties), she didn't have a mess until nap time the next day...yup! She even woke up dry the first night!
Luckily, I still have puppy pads left over from what Suzy gave me when Keizya was a baby and peed every time we opened her diaper...they are a wonder and I highly recommend them if you're going to try this method. Just slide it under the sheet, and if an accident happens, there's still a little mess for your little one to learn from, but no scrubbing mattresses:)
The great things about her potty training days:
We had so much fun playing together and laughing all the time because she was so happy!
She understood the meaning of wetting her undies very quickly and was so sad she was in tears and denial the first time she did :(
Whenever she got a treat, I snuck one in too!
It's awesome to see her feel so proud of herself
The not so great things about her potty training days:
She is somewhat constipated so her pooping on potty skills are still coming along, although she completely understands it, she is having a hard time catching it in time:(
All that sugar the first day gave her a sugar rush that she didn't know what to do with! I was laughing so hard, but I felt so bad for her at the same time:(
She decided that since she was a big girl going to the potty she could be a big girl and requested a shower instead of a bath and decided she could do somersaults all by herself.
Oh Man, there are a lot of freedoms that come with going potty on the big girl potty. It's so hard to take in, but I'm SO proud of her. I can't stop her from getting big and independent and I love to see her take these giant steps in life, but really, where did my baby go?
As of lately:
- Votion=Lotion (needs lots from washing hands so much)
- Waking up at 3:00 every morning to go potty
- Running around without Undies because she knows how
- Scratching her bum cuz it's free now
- Calling every corner "Time Out"
- Asking to watch Elmo after every meal because it comes on after lunch
- Tunnah=Color (we did lots and lots during the 3 days)
- Requiring " a song " in the sweetest little voice you've ever heard for bedtime
- Telling us when it's time to pray :)
- Requesting Daddy's sweatshirt to snuggle up to for naptime
- Burping, then saying "Bup" "Scuse you"
- Lifting my shirt up for the whole world to see her baby sister
- Starting fires with Daddy
- Trying to snuggle her way into our bed at 6:30 am
- Reading books to Mommy, almost has one memorized
- "Keen up" time whenever she makes a mess
- Ignoring mommy and daddy when she's in trouble
- Said the first part of prayers tonight all by herself no prompts!
- Flushing the toilet especially when I'm showering
- Flushing the toilet endlessly anyway
- Giving the biggest "Cheese" grin for cameras and then demanding to "see" the outcome
- Staying in her bed after lights out, slowly but surely coming along!
- Continuing her escapades in climbing new things every day
- Putting words into sentences
We love you with all of our hearts pretty girl!





10 comments:
I am so jealous she is potty trained! it is still a work in progress wiht McCoy! He has constipation issues too, so that traumatizes him to the max and it makes him TERRIFIED to go poop in the potty! We have to keep him medicated which also makes him hesitaant! Im jealous she is potty trained! fun though that she is such a big girl! I cant believe how much she has changed since I last saw her....ya know, since im a bad friend and never see you anymore........ I am jealous on how easy girls are to train, wiht our rate, Lavi will be trained before McCoy!! Sounds like everthing is going goood! I could relate to all those freedoms of being potty trained, coy now loves to walk around nakey and scratch his bum too, or flash it becasue he thinks its sooo cute :) funny kiddos! glad to see your doing well.
Wow! Congrats to you and Keizya! It must be a relief to know that you will only have 1 child in diapers when the baby comes, good timing! She is so stinkin' cute!
Yay!!! I am so happy it worked!!! :) You will have to let me know more details! Congrats to you for making it!! She is getting so big and so cute! We missed you at Whitnees play date! Hope to see you at club next Thursday!
THat is awesome..Mylie doesn't even care if she pees in her undies! I need to take a week off for me and her time! Your belly is so cute by the way. Man I just feel chubby right now! Miss you lots!
Hi Nikki! I found your blog through Amera's! You little girl is so cute, and YAY for being a big girl!!! I have a blog too if ya want a peek let me know, it's private, my email is princesspynk@yahoo.com!
Hooray!!! Such a big girl! She sounds like she is doing great! Good job! Oh and I love the sweet like belly pic. So cute!!
i love your pictures! so cute.
I have been potty training Connor too! Started last Saturday I need to do a post about it. He is doing pretty good. Still has accidents but is progressing Boys are hard though! He went poop on the potty for the 1st time today! It's funny how proud them going pee and poop on the potty for the 1st time makes you when you are a mom :)
Nikki I love your list of things she does and says during the day. That is the cutest thing!
She is so dang cute!! I can't get over it! I'm feeling a little behind now since our girlies are the exact same age and I haven't done a thing with the potty training... What is the 3 day method that you used?? Any tips?
Post a Comment