As a random update, I've included some pictures that I've played around with photo imaging programs.
I actually took this picture and caught Keizya and me with a very similar and silly facial expression. I thought it was pretty cool. She's my little buddy, I hang out with her all day. We go on adventures, mostly around the house. We find silly games to play, like chasing the flapping penguin, going on cooler or basket rides, jumping on the cuddle bag, running around the house or just hangin out with a good book to read.
This is one of Keizya's favorite games...I don't like to play it with her so I'm just the spectator, and the occasional referee. The game is called, I-wonder-if-I-can-fit-this-in-my-mouth-game. Here she is, shoving it in without caring that she may have to stretch her mouth beyond it's tiny capacity. The referee called this one slightly more safe due to the string attached to it if for some reason the giant ball got stuck or wedged in her throat.
This game is called hmmm-what-can-I-mess-up-in-here-game. This one is actually her look of satisfaction because she already pulled the whole drawer of towels out. She sat there looking at her successful mission like she just wanted more towels to appear so she could pull them out. We're trying to learn the clean up game and make it fun. I'll have to let her watch Mary Poppins, maybe she'll understand then.
Andy came over to paint my car door, thanks by the way! It looks amazing and I feel like I have a brand new car again! He was playing with the Flapping Penguin with Keizya and she was gigglin. I was cooking and decided to let Keizya play dress up in my apron. She just sat there with it around her neck...I think she liked it.
Keizya just finished her bottle and she was angry because her nose has been stuffy and she can't drink as well. So she threw her bottle overboard, and decided she was going to get herself out. Boy was she mad! But it was hilarious! She's quite to go getter and very determined!
Here's my little snow bunny! We went outside when the clouds parted for a brief moment in between storms. She couldn't move cuz I layered her up so much. Of course just like The Christmas Story. She tried to crawl around and she got stuck. She sat on Daddy's snowboard and went for a snowboard ride up and down the driveway. She kept rocking back and forth for me to do push her around some more. When she was done playing I just threw her in the snow, and she sat there, basking in the sun. She was loving it! ....until...She wiped her face with her mittens that had snow on them...BRRR!!! I guess she didn't like the temperature of the snow on her face. But she did try to pick it and put it in her mouth once we got in. Too bad it melts so fast! And wow, does she look chunky!
Before Suzy had to go back to school we made it out to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. I think the kids had lots of fun. I let Keizya play in the sand and unbury dinosaur bones...I was very nervous that she would try to eat the sand, but she did great! Her and Ry sat on the Dino Scale, and together, they weighed the equivelant of a T-Rex!
Here's the Baby Monster playing another trouble maker game called I-wonder-how-fast-I-can-unroll-this-toilet-paper-before-mom-and-dad-stop-me. She did well. She got the whole roll! And somehow, she even strung it over the shower curtain. I'm not sure if she's flying behind our backs or if she's that good a climber already.
This game is called walk-around-Daddy's-legs-until-he-picks-me-up. She's so funny. There are so many things she does already that I just wonder where in the world she gets them. We have a red spray bottle that I keep with the iron; she loves it when I spray the bottle into her mouth, and she'll just sit there and drink the water when I spray it in her mouth.
This is the second time she has fallen asleep in her high chair. It's sad but so sweet. I went to the sink to make her a bottle after she ate and when I turned back around she was sawing logs on her wooden tray. These are the moments that erase all of her naughty ones.
This is the winner for her naughty moment, which of course was erased when she fell asleep in her high chair. We have these billiard balls for a miniature pool table. Keizya plays the game shoving-it-in with these too. They barely fit and I'm not quite sure I could even fit one in my mouth. When she's done she'll just pop it right back out but it scares me. Jeff seems to be fine about it, but he's the Dad. What if she couldn't open her mouth up wide enough to get it out? What if she broke her jaw trying? (Motherly worries)
Keizya went to her 9 month check up a couple weeks ago. She weighed 18.6 lbs and was 27 inches long. She then started with Bronchiolitis the following week, but she's doing pretty good now. She sleeps with her humidifier on at night and she sleeps so well with it. She falls asleep by herself with a couple seconds or a couple minutes of crying or screaming.
She's working on being a better eater, but I successfully got my child to eat raw spinach! Her favorite foods are banana's, applesauce, oatmeal, carrots, sweet pototoes and yams, mostaciolli, broccoli and cheese soup, and any other kind of fruit or sweet thing. I'm trying to increase her veggie intake and not so much the sweet stuff.
She's speed crawling, even up the stairs. She'll walk around with her walker but can't steer very well. She'll stand on her own for a couple seconds, but she's real good at sitting down in a very controlled manner. She loves being thrown in the air, and going upside down. She can even do a handstand forward roll, with a spot of course. She loves to wave, sometimes she'll wave with both hands. Yesterday, she waved to Ryu and said back to her, "Hi!!!!" It was so cute. Keizya was showing off for Suzy yesterday, she started climbing the stairs real fast and after two steps, she stopped, turned around to look at us and waves. Then climbs two more steps, stops and waves....it was hilarious.
She definitely knows who her Momma and Dada are, and knows how to say both. She has two teeth on the bottom and likes to brush them. There are so many other updates on her silly little quirks, but we sure do love her!
Wow, she has been growing so fast and figuring things out so quickly lately. It's so fun to see her personality more and giggle with her. She is so much fun and such a joy in our family! I don't even remember what life was like before her, and I don't want to remember. She's our little monster, and we love her so much!
Monday, January 12, 2009
The Adventures of a Baby Monster
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
She's a cutie for sure! I love hearing all about what you and her do together and getting more ideas for what to play.
oh gosh. i get anxiety just looking at the picture of her with the pool ball in her mouth. (hahah, B's in your mouth! hahahaha!!! just thought of that!!) why do they have to stick EVERYTHING in their mouths????
We need to have a play date ASAP. Canyon likes to play a lot of the same games that Keizya does. She is so cute! Can you believe our babies our almost a year old!
If she is a monster, she is a dang cute one! I about died when I saw that pool ball in her mouth.. what talent!!
HOW ARE YOU!? I MISS YOU
Keizya is so dang cute I can't get over it. She is getting so big, its crazy! looks like you are doing great. take care
Its amazing how much they change our lives and how much we love them. We need to get together again... Keizya is getting so big and dang cute.
Tell Keizya that "Chubby Bunny" works better playing with marshmallows. That pic is so funny! I love all the little trouble maker pic's. At that age it's still cute!! Wait till they get older and they know exactly why that shouldn't be doing what they're doing. Especailly when they try to explain why they just had to do it. Motherhood keeps us laughing!
Post a Comment