Saturday all three of us were able to go inside of the temple together! No ordinances, or sealings done, but it was neat to be in there with my whole family. We didn't have to find a babysitter for Keizya, she got to come this time! The Draper Temple was beautiful! It was very different than I thought and there were some great surprises! It's very modern outside and homey inside. Maybe that was the spirit helping me feel at home, but it was very cozy.
Keizya stood up inside for the longest she has ever stood! I thought she was going to perform a miracle in the temple that night and take her first steps before she turned 10 months old. But she decided to calmly sit instead of step. She was very reverent through the whole tour. She's probably a lot closer to the angels there than we are. She's only been gone for 10 months now... :)
It was such a great experience and we almost didn't make it in. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to see the amazing work that goes into the building up of God's homes. He lives there and resides there. It is the most sacred place we can be while on this Earth and I am so grateful for the amazing comfort and peace that I find every time I enter the temple doors. There is something so amazing and non-earthly about the temple, I wish I could explain but I would have to have the angels interpret. It's something only those know who have had the opportunity to sit and pray in the Lord's presence in the Celestial room, or been sealed to their eternal companion or family, or performed baptisms in the beautiful fonts...what an amazing place of refuge. Sometimes I get so frustrated and overwhelmed with the ways of the world, it's an amazing relief to be able to feel such peace from the calamity.
I know the tours go until the middle of March, so try to get up there, it's gorgeous, and you don't need a recommend to go to the Open House! What an amazing place to be, even before it's dedicated.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Reaching the Temple atop the Hill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
That's so awesome that you guys got to go. Andy and I are looking to go here at the beginning of February with Andy's family. I'm really excited! Hope all is well with you guys! Keizya is getting to be such a big girl... and almost walking at 10 months! That is crazy!!
I love the temple, its my favorite place in the entire world. I wish we could go more, Nick and I want to go monthly, I think its the greatest goal we have ever made! I cant wait to go to the open house, we are going on the 29th! I can hardly wait!! You just got me so excited to go and even to visit any temple for a session. When im there I never want to leave, its just getting the time and babysitters to go as often as we'd like! Thanks for reminding me of how precious the temple is, I am so excited to see it again. Love you to death and I love that little baby too! I miss you lots!!
Keizya is getting so much hair! What a cutie. I hope that we get to go to the the open house. It looks beautiful!
We haven't made it yet, but we are going to go soon! I can't wait. It looks so beautiful.
That's wonderful you guys got to do that together as a family!!! I would love to take Jev and Azure through. I don't know if they've even realized that everytime we've gone to the temple we've never actually gone inside.
I am so glad you made it in to the temple! We should go together sometime when I am up there for a visit.
We are going next week... I can't wait! I think it is such a great opportunity for kids to get to go through the temple before it's dedicated. They need to see what we are always talking about!
Hello beautiful!!! How is my long lost friend? I miss your pretty face! :) Send me your email and i'll add you to my blog. I'm so glad that i found you... I lost your number so long ago when my phone broke. Hope all is well! Tell jeff hello!! I had no idea you had a baby!!! We have to catch up........ Much love!
janscarpino@gmail.com
Post a Comment