Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

Once again, a child and an at home job leave me with zero amounts of time to document the lives of the Huntsman's. So, backtracking, here's some updates. Sadly, due to the sick nature of Keizya, I won't be able to add in the details. So hopefully the pictures fill in the gaps, oh yah, there are not too many pictures of Christmas due to my card being corrupt. But there will be plenty more to come with my sweet new camera! While I know Christmas is not about what you get, or even really what you give, I still like to remember...

We spent Christmas Eve with the Whiteman family...what an adventure! It sure was different from last year...we added two little rascals. Ryu was born, but he was still so small and mellow. This year, they were trouble makers. Ryu decided to get too excited about the yams and choked on them a little, then broke out in hives and had all of worried. But we did make some super sweet gingerbread houses! Jeff, of course, made an igloo...that thing is sturdy. I'm gonna save it and see if it turns into stone for next year's decorations. We tried to be more organized about the opening of presents but it didn't turn out too well. I think everyone loved their gifts. We got some home-made jams and bottled fruits from Dad's pantry, Jeff got a beanie, a shirt, gift cards, cash. I got a scentsy, a coat, gift cards, cash, and Keizya got her bath toys, clothes and jackets, a glo-worm and a savings bond.

Keizya's first Christmas was very low key. Mom didn't have to go to work cuz' her job now allows her to stay at home and work (only a lesser evil). And Daddy didn't have to go plow the snow, cuz good ole' Jack Frost held out on us until later that evening. We woke Keizya up on her first Christmas morning. She had no idea what was going on of course. Christmas was probably way more exciting for Mom and Dad this year anyway. But it was still fun to watch her open presents and not get mad when someone wanted to see it. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't ever get too bad. Otherwise, we might be sending toys back to Santa's workshop.
(This is Keizya looking at her new peek-a-boo book...it's soft and edible)

Dad received some cool gifts from Mom and Santa...I hope he thought they were cool anyway. Cologne, (which was only allowed because I convinced him to wear it again), scope and tripod case, super sweet and warm beanie, spotlight, slippers, and...the notoriously too-well-hidden-gift-that-I-forgot-until-a-few-days-after-Christmas-biggest-gift his 4-wheeler pack. I just pulled a Linda, I know I know.

I received some amazing gifts from Jeff and Santa...my Nikon D60!!!!! I love love love it! I had no idea...it was a super surprise. I got some Christmas Eve jammies, socks, yummy treats, a coat from Suze, shoes from myself, and Wall-E.

Then there's Christmas at Jeff's parents. Keizya walked with her walker, and got lots of books and some preschool workbooks, sweats from Great G'ma and G'pa, a mini nutcracker. Jeff got a safe, and some gloves, and a gift card. I got a hand wheat grinder, necklaces, and some home decor.


(This video doesn't even do her justice...now she trucks around the kitchen at mock 90 running into everything. One time she got stuck but kept on walking...right on over the whole walker, face planted! By the way, thanks for moving Grandpa)

If you ask Jenny, the best part about Christmas was watching the Grinch 5 times in a row. I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing, eating yummy treats and good food, and having some more memories to look back on. It's such a fun time to get together with family and friends. I just love it! I love the Christmas music that comes with the season because it helps bring the true spirit of Christmas. Although, I do wish they would add "Happy Birthday Jesus" to the ensemble of Christmas songs...shouldn't that be the very first song you sing Christmas morning? Maybe we'll start that tradition, just to remember him more.

Then, we got to add into the mix one more day of Christmas with the Schoeny's! I spent the rest of Christmas night completing Cali's Christmas present so I really hope she liked it. But Jeffrey got an X-Box fan, Nikki got a Volcom satchel and watch bands, and Keizya got a great buzzy bug and Monkey dish set. Then we watched the wonderful "Be Kind Rewind"...definitely not a Christmas movie...but it was jolly!
(Keizya opening her buzzy bug and Monkey dish set)

The Saturday after Christmas we were able to have our yearly reunion with The Crew at Los Hermanos. Friends from afar joined the fun. We almost had the original Lake Powell Crew there...and everyone had their significant other's...except for Sarah Trimble...we missed her :( Then we hit up Red Mango afterward and I got my sweet mochi frozen yogurt! MMmmmm! MMMMmmm!



(This is the Crew at Los...)

(And this would be Keizya giving Mommy a BIG kiss!)


It was so good to see everyone, especially those that live so far away, or even those that live right down the road, but we never see. It was a good time and full of Christmas cheer! Thanks everyone for making the Christmas season so fun! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family so close and so many amazing friends!

7 comments:

Robby said...

That was so fun to get everyone together! It was good to see you guys and to finally see Keizya! She is even cuter in person! I love the photos. I think I will add a few more exclamation points just for fun!!!

Kandas said...

How fun is that to get altogether!! Looks like you had a great Christmas holiday. I can't believe that it is already over. I love that time of year!!

Suzy Q said...

I love the picture of Keizya's BIG kiss. Very cute!! Little stinkers! I love them!!!

Thanks for letting me clean your teeth! I am excited to finish on Tuesday!!

Nick and Amera said...

Hey you guys, happy to hear you had a good christmas party, it's crazy to see all those guys from school after all the years. i never thought Jimmy could be any more bald! (jk love ya jimmy!) anyway, they all looked great, we need to get together sometime and all go out to dinner! too much fun not being had Nikki!

Nick

Jon and Shiloh said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a busy fun holiday! I think I recognize some people in some of your friend pic's.

MJ said...

I love pics of Keizya. She is so sweet. Are those curls I see? Oh so adorable. Sometime we need to catch up (hopefully Feb. club) and I want to know about your home job and everything else that is keeping you so busy.

It's fun to see the Fuller family in your pictures. Did you know that I worked with Jamee for a year? She is hilarious. We had many a time-burning conversation in the cubicles!

Nicole said...

We are so sad that we missed this outing!! It looks like you had a fun time!! Keizya is so beautiful, she is getting so big! I hope you guys are doing good! How's the snow? :)