Saturday, October 3, 2009

Clothes? or no Clothes?

Keizya's being a smart little fart lately. She is learning a lot of good things, and trying out some very questionable things...hopefully my laughter at the questionable ones doesn't lead her astray... There's no way I can remember ALL the smart things she has done lately, but here are a few pictures to give you an idea...


Lending a helping hand...


She saw a toy under the bed and went in to retrieve!


Sadly, she didn't like the result of retrieving her toy...but she did find her way out all by herself!



Swinging on the swing BIG GIRL style... without any help...

She's been counting for a while, but usually only says 'two'...just today she started with 'one' then 'two'! After I say 'three' she follows with 'four'... She counts herself down at the top of the slide...

This one was very impressive. She fell down the stairs (not the impressive part). When I picked her up she was pretty upset for a couple seconds and I asked her where it hurt (first time I've ever entertained the idea that she might be able to really tell me) and she points with her little finger right at her forehead and starts barking out a jumbled mess of words that obviously, meant, "My forehead hurts Mommy! I smacked it right on the steps and now I have a third eye!" This is what I found hiding underneath her crazy hair...

So, she's starting to become more independent in the dressing category. There are morning that she will not allow me to get her dressed. She yanks the shirt and pants from my hands and attempts to do it herself...often times putting her pant legs over her arms, and her shirt over her legs and around her waist. I've concluded to let her try it and figure things out and let her have some independence...I think it's great that she's venturing away from mommy, but of course hurts a little too:( She is improving on which goes where...her pants now go over her feet, but usually both legs get stuck in one pant leg. That's when she scoots her way over to my view and looks at me with her sad look of 'help me'. The above picture is Daddy's hunting vest that she got completely tangled around her arms and turned it into a cape. When she couldn't find her right arm, I think she got worried.

She has a shoe fetish! She is ALL girl...whenever we go anywhere, she tries on everyone's shoes...oh man, if we were in Japan, we would get stuck at everyone's houses trying on shoes. She's actually pretty good at walking around in my heels. There's no way she's gonna trip at Prom!


Ahhh....I caved. She got her 18 month shots...yes, 18 months old! And she did so well, that we got her a little prize...a PURSE!!! It's a cute little tin tinkerbell purse...but she still likes to lug mine around more. She's also been getting into my 'faxed' stamp and trying to stamp things, so I thought, 'oh! I'll get her her own stamp, she'll love it!' Yup, she loves it. She is now officially grounded from the Strawberry Shortcake Stamp that brought her so much happiness. It was cute when she tried putting it on as lipstick...but not so cute when she went around the house stamping everything it would show up on...doors, walls, floors, toilet seats, her ducky......Strawberry Shortcake comes out on a supervised basis only now.

This is my vest...my armhole is around her waist. Don't worry, it's only that big because I have to buy extra large armed shirts for my biceps.


Oh this was great! She's been taking her diaper off lately. Well Daddy let her run around naked for a little bit to air out her bum rash...she thought that meant she could do whatever she wanted and ended up in time out. This was a quick phone camera snap, but I got her! Zoom in on it and you might be able to see her cute bum dimples!


Gotta love those phones to catch the sillies! Pay attention to her answer to my question...she is very smart indeed...too smart in fact.

Aren't these curls to die for? I took this trying to get a recent 18 month old picture for her Nursery teacher. Yes...that was successful. I was pretty excited for her to go to Nursery, she was definitely ready. She went in and sat right down with the teacher and started playing so happily so I started crying...then as I was leaving she started crying so I had to be tough and leave. When I went back in to get her she wouldn't leave her mini chair. I think she likes it;)



I've been supporting and I guess you could say 'encouraging' her girliness. I've come to grips that there is nothing wrong with it, in fact, I'm glad she doesn't have boy interests cuz SHE'S A GIRL! I had Jeff get her a dolly at the dollar store to see if she would like it. She's been holding random articles of clothing, rolling it up in a ball, snuggling it, and saying 'Bee Bee'....So yeah, she had to have her own. She's already feeding her so well! Oh she's gonna be the best big sister one day!


And, she decided to try and take a swig herself. Ha Ha!!!

Wow, she never stops making me laugh!

So Boogie, you are 1 and a whole 1/2!!!! You're simply too smart and are learning faster than I know how to keep up with. Even though you are a fart lots of times, you are still a sweetheart for the majority! I still find myself so excited to see you in the morning or when I come home from being away from you. You are my little partner, mini me, friend, silly goof ball booger! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!

Love, Mommy

13 comments:

Devon and Alicia said...

Girls are so much fun! Just wait until the princess stage comes out. :) Ari LOVES shoes too. They should have a shoe party together. She is so adorable!

The Payne Family said...

She is so sweet Nikki! I just love her. I LOVE her naked time out picture. That is priceless!! It was so good to see you and your cute family. We need to get together SOON! We love you and miss you terribly! Thanks again for being such a good friend!

Jon and Shiloh said...

Very cute pic's. Such a silly beautiful little girl!!

A New Life Student said...

What a little character! I can't believe how long her hair has gotten! It makes her look so much older. That first picture is priceless....well, all of them are. I'm in love with this stage of toddlerhood. It's just too much fun and entertaining! Wish we were closer to get the little monsters together.
Love you!

The Johnson's said...

so cute!

Hannah Ashmore said...

such a cutie! i love the curls!

Wright Bunch said...

Those curls are to DIE for! oh my gosh what a cutie! Isn't this stage the best, it keeps us on our toes anyways. I think the naked one should be blown up and put on the wall somewhere- priceless.

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

I love her, her curls are to die for! The diaper thing is too funny. Presley has bum dimples too I love them.

Stacy said...

Keizya is such a cutie! I love her hair. Keizya and Canyon need to play together.

Kandas said...

She is ALL GIRL and I love it!

jessi said...

Nikki she is getting so big!! She is adorable! I love your whole blog... very fun!!

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

keizya is so smart, just like her mom :)

Cami said...

oh my gosh Nikki, Keizya is DARLING!! i can't believe she is 18 months old! really she is so cute and sounds like she is quite the girly girl. she is full of personality and i love ready about her. i LOVE her curls! i've always loved curly hair and it is so cute on her. (of course my kids get the straight thin hair..)
looks like you guys are doing great. time is just flying by, our kids are getting big and growing WAY too fast. i miss you but so glad that we keep in touch!
you are quite the crafty woman, your jewelry is really cute, and it looks like you make those cute baby wipe cases, hope you do well with them!!
keep in touch!