Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tag! I'm it!

When I got tagged my heart skipped a beat, kind of like whenever I would get tagged on the playground when I was little. And of course, if I was it, I would make sure to get someone else fast before I stayed "it" for too long. Because for some reason, you just didn't want to be "it" like it was some disease or something. So, in efforts to get rid of my "it"ness, I'm quickly listing my 6 favorites, and then I'm tagging someone else...so watch out!



#1. My most favorite thing in the world, in my life so far, is being a Mom. I've never been so happy, had so much joy, and never wanted to do anything else more than just being a Mom! I think it probably helps that my Keizya Kitty is such an angel! She is so beautiful and I just stare at her all day thinking, "How did I get so lucky?" I love everything about it, from her cute little crooked toes to the way she looks when she cries or sticks out her bottom lip. Every day she does something that just makes me love her more, and I'm thinking it's not possible to love her anymore, but sure enough! Every day.....Love her more.


#2. My next most favorite thing would have to be travelling and vacationing! Yah, wouldn't that be sweet if all I had to do in this life was be a mom and travel! That would be Celestial Glory to me! I was fortunate enough though to go on my dream vacation to Ireland and England when I was 3 months pregnant...maybe one day I'll make it to Japan to see my kind!
#3. The Youth! For some reason, maybe because I wish I were still a teenager, but I love those youth! Boys or girls, in trouble or on top of the world. I'm so attracted to the zest they have for life! I love being able to tap into their energy and positivity. They have taught me some of the most amazing lessons in life, I think I will continue to gravitate to any group of teenagers wherever I go. This is a picture of Andrew, just graduated High School and on to Alabama University for him! I had the awesome privilege to be able to work with Andrew and his mom...love you guys!


#4. Outdoor Adventures! I love going anywhere in the mountains! Fishing, camping, hunting, four-wheeling, hiking, biking, and whatever else you can think of doing in the outdoors. I either already love it, or would love to try it! My days consist of a lot of indoor time now, so to keep my sanity I have to at least go outside and sit with my garden for a while. For some reason, my mind and body just don't function without a little piece of good Mother Earth!


#5. Sports without balls!!! Such as Snowboarding or Gymnastics. I haven't been snowboarding for a long time due to pregnance and lack of money, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those sports like riding a bike, once you've learned you'll never forget. There will forever be a special place in my heart for Gymnastics. After being a Gymnast for 8 years, then coaching for 3 years on and off, and trying to keep up on my flips on my new trampoline,....yes, it will forever be a part of me. Watch out Keizya!


#6. Since I only get to pick 6, I'll end with family...last, but definitely not least! I love spending time with both sides of our family, as both of them are completely different. My side is quickly growing and we have a better memory than Jeff does ( and I love reminiscing), and Jeff's side is quite a bit bigger with events going on all the time! There's amazing things to both sides, and I love them all!




So...Suzy, Amera, and Tiffy! Tag! You're it!



12 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Hey Nikki, I'll be around that week, so if you can, you should definately stop by. I'd love to see the little one. Shes way cute by the way. Thanks for the comment your awesome... Kimmie John

Anonymous said...

Nikster-
It was so good to hear from you, Keizya is so adorable, I can't believe that you have one of those and that I am going to have one soon, it seems like just barely that we were too busy causing trouble to even think about marriage and babies! I miss your face and am so glad that you guys are doing well. We should all get together again soon! Love ya!

Suzy Q said...

You are so funny. I wish that I could just travel and be a mommy with you! Maybe someday...

I'll get to this tag, someday!:)

Christensen's said...

Nikki,
Isn't being a Mom so great? There are of course good and bad days, but for the most part I love it too! It is crazy to see all of our friends having babies. I guess it shouldn't be because we will have three soon and most of my friends are just getting started. I guess that we jumped the gun on things. I have about one more month and I am looking forward to having another little baby here soon. Your daughter is a doll! It was so good to hear from you!

Hannah Ashmore said...

I love seeing new pictures of your baby girl. she is too cute!!!

Parmenidesolucian said...

Hey! If it isn't my favorite cousin...
Glad to see you're doing so well.
Keizya is beautiful! Thanks for ever telling me you were having a baby.
Casey is good. She's very far away from me right now.
Kanji: First, how do you pronounce Keizya? I'm assuming "Keys yah" Like Keys? Yes! As in "would you like my keys? Yeah, I need your keys to unlock the door.
In which case,
We start with Ki-i then j-ya.
So, you should look through a kanji dictionary under Ki and sha.
So, I like the "ki" for energy/spirit. The Jya part can be taken from the kanji for person.
Go to my page to see the kanji.
Good to hear from you. Hope all is well, I'll keep in touch.

Kandas said...

You are too cute! I love reading about people and learning more about them.

Parmenidesolucian said...

Ok. I corrected the kanji; now her name is enlightened elder. the kanji is on the post.

David & Jessica said...

hey Nikki I hope you don't mind but I found you blog and thought I would say hi! My Mom told me about you having a baby and she said how cute she was! She said it made her want to be a grandma and then said hint hint... kind of funny! Well I hope all is going well, and I hope we can keep in touch! Oh and ps thanks you for always being so kind to me when I came home from my mission and was feeling all out of place in the ward, you were a major blessing!

MikeandJoni Holmes said...

Hey Nikki it was so nice to hear from you. YOur daughter is so pretty I can not wait to have my little boy here. It is fun still working with the Drill Team and just so you know every year when we get a new president both Michele and I hope that she will be as good as Nikki Whiteman! I am pretty sure you still have the title of best president ever. Thanks so much for blogging me and hopefully I can get better at it I am horrible! Joni Holmes

Jared and Shalynn said...

Hey! I'm glad you found me in the blogging world! Feel free to stop by anytime :). Your little girl is so adorable. I know Cami because they live in the same townhomes as we do and they are in our ward. Small world.

JessWilson said...

Hey Nikki! It was great to see you in Target today and your little girl is soo cute. Love the cute bow and matching outfit...maybe someday I'll have a girl. :)