About a week and a half ago, I was able to go to youth conference with the youth in my ward. There were many things that were the best of the best. First of all, it was down at my old home, Snow College!!! Many return missionary's say that was the best 2 years of their lives, .... Snow College was the best 2 years of mine! Every time I go down there I just have a surging rush of memories and say many "I wish I could do this again"s and "if only" s. I got to walk around on campus a little, and even inside the GSC (Greenwood Student Center) and peek through the windows of the Student Council office while I was trying to rock Keizya to sleep. While she was having sweet dreams of heaven, I was having sweet dreams of good ole' Snow College days, staying up watching Strong Bad emails in my office and laying on the floor with relief after Dr. Papenfuss's tests. I even saw Dr. Papenfuss!!!! Did I say hi? no....that was not one of the best of the bests.
So the other best of the bests.... I got down there a little late because I took the drill teamer down and of course, she didn't get done practicing until 9:30. So by the time we got there, I got to meet up with them playing "The KAGE OF DEATH!" I couldn't believe my eyes. All of a sudden, I forgot I was a mommy, ran to human sized elastic band and found myself being sling shotted across the lawn, only to turn around and do it again. If you don't know what the KAGE OF DEATH is...my friends, YOU HAVE NOT LIVED! I will find some pictures of the amazingness because I was too wrapped up in it, literally, to get any pics. Sorry!
Another best of the best....my little Keizya Kitty Baby was with me the whole time! She was such a sport! She went around with us all day during the water games, just toting around in her stroller. She would yap, and then the youth would ooh and ahh, and then she would just watch. Then she would yap again, and the ooh's and ahh's came back. The young men were so sweet with her. Whenever I got stuck or we had to go up or down some stairs, there they were, assisting Keizya as if she were some Persian Princess. The girls all loved to hold her and couldn't get enough. She also had her first dance with one of the boys in our ward. She lasted all about 30 seconds on the dance floor, and then she was pooped! (not literally this time).
Another best of the best....any of my Snow College mates remember Brother Bingham? What an amazing man he is....and he was our Fireside speaker! He did an amazing job and did a great job at making sure my water works were in good shape. He talked about standards and what we were willing to die for. How determined are we to stand our ground when the world around us tempts us with lower standards? He used his daughter Emily as an example, and what an example she was....to everyone around her, and everyone who hears her story now. I hope and pray I'll be able to raise Kitty with high standards and be able to stand up for them no matter what.
Another best of the best....my amazing Husband was able to come down for the last day and a half! The young men were just begging me to bring him back down with me, and I wasn't gonna not tell him....I'm pretty sure I wanted him there more. I was so glad that we didn't have to spend the night away from Daddy. I love watching him interact with the youth. Especially when he does sillier things than I can get him to do....like riding a tandem bike with the young men! We also got to go swimming with the Kitty together. Keizya loves her swimming lessons with Daddy. We even got to go off the high dive a couple times! Without the Kitty of course. Jeff came to the dance but the only way I could get him to go was if I promised I wouldn't make him dance....he hates dancing probably more than anything else in this world I can think of. So I lived up to my end of the deal, I didn't make him dance. But the other young men leaders hassled him a bunch for not even dancing with his wife for one slow song. It's ok Bub! At least I got to participate in some good 'ole Snow College Country Swing! And of course a best of that best was being able to hear Jeff bear his testimony. These things are priceless! There's nothing sweeter than hearing my husband bear his testimony. :)
So let's add this up.... Snow College, home sweet home
+ Keizya Kitty
+ Jeff and his testimony
+ Brother Bingham, my favorite institute teacher
+ the youth in our ward that I absolutely love
= one heck of a sweet youth conference! Doing the tandem bike thing! We were good!
Keizya's flying lesson at the dance
The wonderful dances at the GSC, oh how I miss those! Kan you find Keizya?
Sweet Field Frollies....human caterpillars?
Monday, June 30, 2008
Youth Conference back at Snow!!!
Posted by Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. at 3:58 PM
Labels: Snow College Youth Conference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Looks like tons of fun. It brings back tons of memories for me and EFY!! I love that place and being a leader is the best thing ever. I am sure you had tons of fun but the kids had tons too. They probably love you there as a leader!!! Your adorable.
The good ole days. I'm actually taking two classes there this fall... should be great. Did I ever tell you that your a really good writer... seriously :) We still need to get together with adub sometime. Let me know when you guys can, cause i'm pretty much never busy.
Kim
Oh man! I'm sooo jealous!!!! Good ol' Snow College...it was the best 2 years of my life too! We need to have a SBO reunion again really soon! Brother Bingham is awesome and I can only imagine the kind of fireside he would do...How fun that you got to go back!
oH MAN i MISS SNOW SO MUCH! lOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD LOTS OF FUN! i HAVE FRIDAYS OFF NOW INSTEAD OF THURSDAYS. SO WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER ONE OF THESE NEXT FRIDAYS! LET ME KNOW YOUR SCHEDULE YEAH!
nikki-
Your pictures are almost done!!! Your girl is too cute and I am wanting to do too much with editing. I posted a few on my blog a bit ago and you can get a sneak peak. I'll call you this week. They should be done. Julie
I love that you said snow was the best two years of your life. haha I totally agree I had so much fun down there and every time we go back a flood of memories come rushing back. Your little girl is adorable by the way.
Post a Comment