So I'm not super at keeping up with this thing. Keizya is sleeping right now, and Ryu's not here today cuz' Suzy's done with school until September! Yay! Congrats Suey! So this is my chance to catch up on some photo updates. And possibly try posting a video. We have tons of silly videos of Keizya, but haven't taken the time or energy to put them on here.

I made these matching bracelets for Kitty and me at girl's camp. I was so bummed that I couldn't take her, so I brought her back a surprise. It fit her perfect! Her wrist was chubbier than I thought!

I also got her a Bumbo chair when I went to Girl's camp. Did I mention I really like the color purple for her?

She's constantly trying to pull her bows off, but sadly she ends up playing pirates instead. This time she got too tired and gave up.

The silly monkey likes to play Put-My-Feet-Perfectly-Together-Game. Here she is, concentrating harder than ever, to make sure her feet are matched up foot to foot, just right.

This is my sad lil' munchkin after her shots. No, she didn't get a shot in the side of the head. She so carefully removed her snoopy bandaid from her left thigh, and placed it on her head. Maybe she was trying to tell me she was in a whole lot more pain this time. Her fever lasted for 5 nights, she got a horribly stuffy and runny nose, and it caused her a lot of grief!
Daddy tried to cheer her up by putting popsicle sticks in between her toes. I'm pretty sure it didn't work since she was horribly sad and fevery for the rest of the night. Sorry to our game night friends :(
We hoped her little swimmer earplugs would make the rodeo more enjoyable for her. Too bad for her blasted fever! She hated the rodeo! Jeff was carrying her up and down the stairs, kneeing everyone on the way back and forth to our seats. She was not a happy camper! I guess she won't be a cowgirl after all.

So 2 days later, on July 26th, we decided to try the earplug method again. This time at the Demolition Derby in Heber! And we tried the snuggly sling so she could sleep better. The Derby lasted over 3 hours.....SLEPT THE WHOLE TIME! Yay! No more fever, earplugs work, and she loved the Derby! I hope that doesn't mean she's gonna be a redneck instead of a cowgirl. We had a blast at the Derby! Jeff's aunt and uncle go every year and included us in the one day, sold out, ticket purchase this year. I even got to sit behind some old friends, Ashlyn and Jace! We laughed our heads off and could not believe how much we wanted these cars to drive over the top of each other! Jeff is now a fan and is determined to enter the Derby.

The crowd got what they wanted! This truck T-Boned another truck, and pushed it completely over and then continued to drive over the top of him. They had to bring in a front loader to get him off so he could keep Derbying away. There were a few other good pile ups, but this one, I'm sure, made the front page of the Heber paper the next day.

This one was great. My family used to own a blue station wagon just like this one. It brought back sweet memories for me and even brought a tear to my eye! ;)
Keizya, me, Grandpa and Grandma Whiteman heading down to Las Vegas last weekend. I have to admit, it's completely over-rated. It really isn't the greatest place on earth, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised or sad if it spontaneously combusted and melted into the firey pits below. But Keizya finally got to meet her Grandma Laura. This is my Mom's sister who doesn't think she'll ever have grandkids of her own, so I told her Keizya could be her first.
We swam for a couple hours, ate lotsa food, visited Laura & Larry, and hung out in the hotel. We didn't do much, but it was nice to get away. It was also nice to come back home to Daddy cuz' we missed him lots!
10 comments:
Game night was still a blast! She seemed pretty happy for how she was feeling. Cute bracelets!
Las Vegas go down the hole. Did you ever see that one cartoon with the little girl (cute baby voice) who is always talking about things going down the hole?? I think she's actually talking about the toilet. "Doggy go down the hole...pee pee go down the hole..." You get the idea:)
She seriously is so adorable! Why were we not invited to game night?! I am very offended!;) I do need to come see her soon, and you of course!
Yeah for updates!! She is getting so big! I love the band-aid on her head. At first I was all worried that they gave her a shot in her head. LOL... she is funny! I love it.
Wait! What do you mean grandma Laura thinks she'll never have kids!? It's not my fault that my wife lives 2,500 miles away in NY, working toward her phd. It just so happens that I don't enjoy NY and hate the cold, so I'm staying in California until she's done. Shoot, I'm not even as old as my parents were when they had me!!!
Besides she has two grandkids she doesn't even know about! Shhhh.
By the way, thanks for the pictures of Keizya, she's adorable. I'm really happy for you. I hope we'll all get to see each other soon. Your favorite cousin: Jim
And go to my site and see if you can solve the math problems I posted.
did you notice that she shares my birthday? That means she's going to be just like me... god bless you.
i wanna make mini one of those cute button bracelets! We neeeeed to be friends! lets shoot for next friday???? I'll come from the north and kimmie from the south. That ok! We'll make it one gigantic estrogen afternoon! Yeah!
So cute! I can't believe how much she looks like you. I love how big she is already getting. I am guessing I will see you next week at club since it is at your house! :) See ya soon. Oh and i love the bumbo they are total life savers! :)
Ummm, so about the Vegas part...I'm not going to take offense, because I'm hoping you're just talking about "the strip" because if you weren't that would mean the gonzalez's would be toast! And I know you would be sad about that;) (I promise the majority of LV is really nice)
Post a Comment